Tuesday, March 15, 2011
After the historic earthquake and incredible tsunami in Japan recently, many of us are feeling like we want to help but don't know how. There are options all over the internet, but there are almost too many to pick from. I've put together a list of ways to help, including links and basic instructions. If you think that a small donation won't make a difference, please reconsider. Every penny donated will make a difference to those who are trying to rebuild their lives.
1) iTunes is making it really easy to donate anywhere between $5 to $200. Follow this link to be directed to the donation page.
2) Donate via Facebook. The Red Cross has launched a campaign on causes.com, with the goal of raising $150,000. Log into Facebook and then follow this link to help out.
3) Text your donations. You can text several organizations to easily and quickly donate.
-Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross
-Text TSUNAMI to 50555 to donate to Convoy of Hope
-Text JAPAN to 50555 to donate $10 to Global Giving
-Text MED to 80888 to donate to the International Medical Corps
-Text QUAKE to 80888 to donate $10 to the Salvation Army
4) Donate online to the following organizations:
-Doctors Without Borders
-Save the Children
5) There's a website that lists out organizations that will match donations. Your donation can do twice as much goodness! :) See details here.
I hope this list encourages you all to take a moment and make at least a small donation to help in the recovery in Japan.